ZOMACTON must be kept refrigerated (36° to 46°F). Do not freeze. Each 5mg vial of Zomacton comes with a 5 mL vial of bacteriostatic water to mix in a solution before administration. Reconstitute the vial with diluent provided using a sterile, disposable syringe. Swirl the vial gently, do not shake. After reconstitution, the contents must be used within 3 weeks. After the first injection, store the Zomacton 5mg vial in the refrigerator at 36—46 degrees F.Get Started
Written by Daniel Devereux
on April 06, 2021
Supplies needed for your ZOMACTON 5mg:
• 1 vial of ZOMACTON 5mg human growth hormone in a powder.
• 1 vial of liquid (diluent) containing Bacteriostatic 0.9% Sodium Chloride • Injection, USP (5ml).
• Mixing needle.
• Syringe and needle for injection.
• Alcohol swab.
• Puncture-resistant container.
Wash your hands before you start with the next steps.
• Place the supplies you will need on a clean, flat surface in a well-lit area.
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
• Remove the hard plastic cap from the top of the liquid vial by gently pushing up on the edge of the cap. Do not remove the rubber stopper.
• Use an alcohol swab to wipe off the top of the liquid vial. After cleaning, do not touch the rubber stopper.
Remove the needle cap from the syringe while making sure you do not touch the needle. Do not throw away the needle cap. Pull back on the plunger until you have drawn up the amount of air that is the same as the amount of liquid your healthcare provider has prescribed. Insert the needle into the liquid vial through the center of the clean rubber stopper. Push down on the plunger until all the air is released into the vial.
• Turn the vial upside down, making sure the syringe needle stays in the vial. The tip of the needle should be below the surface of the liquid.
• Gently pull back the plunger until the amount of liquid your healthcare provider prescribed is in the syringe.
• When the syringe is correctly filled with the liquid, remove the syringe and needle from the vial and recap the needle.
• Remove the hard plastic cap of the growth hormone vial.
• Clean the top of the growth hormone vial with an alcohol swab.
• Remove the needle cap from the syringe filled with liquid and insert the needle into the center of the rubber stopper on the growth hormone vial.
• Point the needle toward the side of the vial and slowly push the plunger so that the liquid squirts onto the side of the vial and not directly onto the powder.
• When all the liquid is in the growth hormone vial, remove the needle from the vial. Recap the needle and throw away the syringe.
• Hold the vial between your hands and gently roll it until the mixture is clear. Do not shake the vial. Your ZOMACTON is ready for injection.
• Sometimes the vial may need to sit a few seconds before the mixture becomes clear. Do not use the mixture in the vial if it remains cloudy or you see particles floating in the mixture. If air bubbles appear, let the growth hormone sit for a while until they disappear.
• Store your mixed growth hormone and all unopened vials of growth hormone in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F. Do not freeze.
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
• Clean the top of the growth hormone vial with an alcohol swab. Do not touch the rubber stopper after cleaning.
• Remove the needle cap from the syringe and insert the needle into the center of the rubber stopper on the growth hormone vial. Gently pull back the plunger until the amount of growth hormone solution your healthcare provider has prescribed is in the syringe.
• Remove the needle from the vial when the syringe is correctly filled with the solution. Recap the needle.
• Using a circular motion, clean the injection site with an alcohol swab, starting at the injection site and moving outward about 2 inches. Let the skin air dry.
• Check that the correct dose is in the syringe.
• Remove the needle cap. Hold the syringe like a pencil in 1 hand.
• With your free hand, pinch the skin around the site with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand. Quickly insert the needle into the skin at a 45° – 90° angle with a quick, dart-like motion. Slowly push down plunger all the way until the syringe is completely empty. Quickly remove the needle from the skin and apply pressure to the injection site with a dry sterile gauze pad or cotton ball. A drop of blood may appear. Apply a small bandage if needed.
• Discard the injection materials. Dispose of the syringes safely in a closed container. You can ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a “sharps” container. A sharps container is a special container to put used needles and syringes in. You can return a full sharps container to your pharmacist or healthcare provider for disposal. The vial of mixed medicine must be stored in the refrigerator in 36° to 46°F and used within 3 weeks. Before each use disinfect the rubber top of the reconstituted vial with an alcohol swab. You must use a new disposable syringe and needle for each injection.